CERTIFIED MEDICAL TECHNICIAN
Reference ID: #91601
OPEN DATE: September 12, 2016 CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
POSITION LOCATION: 1814 Maryland Ave., Baltimore, MD 21201
DEPARTMENT: Transitional Housing
JOB TYPE: Full-time
DAYS OF WEEK WORKED: Monday through Friday
HOURS WORKED: TBD
SALARY/HOURLY RATE: $12.02 – $14.42 (hourly rate commensurate with experience)
OPEN POSITIONS: 2
The Certified Medical Technician administers medications to residents and maintains related medical records under HIV/AIDS Program Coordinator supervision. The Certified Medical Technician verifies the identity of residents receiving the medication and records names of drug, dosage and time of administration on specified forms or resident records. He/she works as part of the staff team with the goal of addressing the overall health and functioning of residents; especially, concerning HIV/AIDS, but including other medical and related needs. The Certified Medical Technician will teach residents about medications, protocols and side-effects. He/she will teach residents self-medication and related skills.
Education & Experience: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and certification as a Medical Technician in the State of Maryland; plus, at least, two (2) years of experience working in a clinic, hospital or health facility. Applicants must have excellent written, oral and documentation skills. Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel a plus.
- Works as a collaborative part of team; especially, with case managers to assist residents in providing on-going support and guidance
- Presents medication to residents and observes ingestion or administers medication using specified procedures
- Assists with the service plan provided by case manager; particularly, around HIV/AIDS and health issues including helping to address barriers to following health protocols
- Teaches clients about medications, protocols and side effects
- Teaches clients self-medication and other related skills
- Takes vital signs or observes residents to detect response to specific types of medications and prepares report or notifies designated personnel of unexpected reactions
- Maintains accounting of all medications; especially, controlled substances
- Documents reasons prescribed drugs are not administered
- Assist on duty nurse with examinations and treatment of residents
- Communicates with pharmacy and medical personnel concerning residents
- Receives supply of ordered medications and assembles drugs for administration to residents
- Records and restocks medication inventories
- Maintains a clean and organized medication room
- Monitors residents and staff compliance regarding State and Federal requirements; including, but not limited to, bloodborne pathogens, hazardous materials, infection control and safety
- Assists residents with needed resources and agencies in the communities
- Reviews CD4 and viral loads with clients to help determine a health improvement plan
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
Applicants must have a valid drivers’ license to operate a vehicle in the State of Maryland.
Applicants must have certification as a Medical Technician
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Work requires light physical effort in the handling of materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions of up to thirty (30) pounds (30lbs.) and/or continuous standing or walking at least sixty (60) percent of the time.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, residences or vehicles (e.g. use of safe workplace practices, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and safely operating a motor vehicle).
*Note: Persons performing duties in this capacity may be exposed to aggressive behavior.
How to apply: Please send resumes’/applications to: Sheri L. Jackson, Director of Operations at 3601 Old Frederick Rd, Baltimore, MD 21229 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may be obtained by going to Project PLASE’s web-site: www.projectplase.org
*Please include REFERENCE ID Number when applying for this position
**Note: Resumes’/Applications must be received ON or BEFORE the closing date listed above. Late resumes’/applications WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Project PLASE believes that all people are to be treated with dignity and respect and are entitled to fair and equal treatment in employment regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, religion, age, marital status or disability. EOE