Fiscal Associate I
Reference ID: #121516
OPEN DATE: December 16, 2016 CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
POSITION LOCATION: 3601 Old Frederick Rd., Baltimore, MD 21229
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
DAYS OF WEEK WORKED: Monday – Friday
HOURS WORKED: TBD
HOURLY RATE: $21.64 – $23.07 (hourly rate commensurate with experience)
POSITIONS OPEN: 1
The Fiscal Associate will assist in general accounting operations by controlling and verifying financial transactions and financial statements and will ensure accuracy and effectiveness in all accounting tasks.
- Prepares detailed billing reports for payment of Federal, State and Local grants
- Maintains tracking system for grant receivable funds from various agencies
- Organizes and retains all grant documentations for proper reconciliation
- Posts all receivables to the general ledger through the financial accounting system
- Reconciles all cash bank accounts including: monthly petty cash and credit cards transactions
- Allocates and posts all necessary adjusting entries and transactions within the general ledger
- Maintains, tracks and posts all client funds and e-saver transactions to assure that all accounts are accurate and verifiable
- Runs reports for each client that are accurate and shows all activities
- Verifies and processes payments for clients based on their needs as determined by case manager
- Completes all necessary reports due to State agencies
- Prepares and reconciles billing for clients rental payments and submits rental billing reports to the State agency for approval
- Processes rental checks for landlords in a timely manner
- Assists with inputting invoices for payment to be processed into the accounting financial system
- Assists with programmatic and fiscal review for grant programs including the general financial and A-133 audits
- Reconciles monthly benefits billing with the Human Resources Director
- Analyzes information by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
- Protects organization’s values by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
Education & Experience: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting or Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting; plus, at least two (2) or more years of accounting experience in a non-profit environment.
A high school diploma or equivalent (GED); plus, at least six (6) years of accounting experience working in a non-profit environment.
*Note: Preference will be given to those with Abila MIP Fund Accounting software experience.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
Applicants must have a valid drivers’ license to operate a vehicle in the State of Maryland
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS
Work requires light physical effort in the handling of light materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions of up to 30lbs. and/or continual standing or walking
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, residences or vehicles (e.g. use of safe work place practices, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and safely operating a motor vehicle.
How to apply: Please send resume’/application to: Sheri L. Jackson, Director of Operations at 3601 Old Frederick Rd, Baltimore, MD 21229 or email to: email@example.com Applications may be obtained by going to Project PLASE’s web-site: www.projectplase.org
**Note: Resume’s/Applications must be received ON or BEFORE the closing date listed above. Late resumes/applications WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Project PLASE believes that all people are to be treated with dignity and respect and are entitled to fair and equal treatment in employment regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, religion, age, marital status or disability.