HOUSING COORDINATOR/CASE MANAGER
Reference ID: #91602
OPEN DATE: September 12, 2016 CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
POSITION LOCATION: 1814 Maryland Ave., Baltimore, MD 21201
DEPARTMENT: Celebration Housing Veterans Program
JOB TYPE: Full-time
DAYS OF WEEK WORKED: Monday through Friday
HOURS WORKED: TBD
SALARY/HOURLY RATE: $45,000.00-$48,000.00 (salary commensurate with experience)
OPEN POSITIONS: 1
The Housing Coordinator will oversee housing services for Veterans. He/she will be SSI/SSDI Outreach Access and Recovery (SOAR) trained and responsible for applications for benefits eligibility through this program. The Housing Coordinator will carry a client caseload; provide outreach and placement services to Veterans and review applications for eligibility, reconsideration and updates. The Housing Coordinator will ensure that the housing program and services are consistent with agency philosophy, policies, procedures, funders’ and State and Federal regulations; assures client needs are met; particularly, those Veterans who present health and other special needs this would include: HIV/AIDS, psychiatric, mental and/or physical health, trauma or substance abuse needs. He/she will provide clinical guidance to staff concerning issues of client-care and other crucial clinical guidance.
Education & Experience: Master’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field from an accredited college or university; plus, at least, two (2) years of direct care or program management experience or equivalent clinical training and direct supervision of staff. Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel a plus.
- Utilizes counseling and communication skills to engage Veterans and families and build a positive working relationship
- Serves as liaison between the Veteran, Project PLASE, Veteran peer and relevant community-based organizations, services, health facilities and landlords
- Completes initial service plan within five (5) days of initial agreement and updates the service plan at least every three (3) months
- Establishes a file for each client that includes all documents, contacts and information related to that client
- Provides linkages to community agencies
- Provides transportation for clients to various appointments, meetings, functions and leisure activities
- Conducts Veteran assessments, evaluations, completes forms, narratives and referrals
- Assists clients in obtaining and maintaining all entitlements and benefits for which they are eligible for
- Supervises and works as a team with other Case Managers, Veteran Peers, Housing Specialist, Interns and Volunteers
- Oversees Staff Meetings
- Ensures overall quality of program and services
- Assures monthly, quarterly and annual reports are completed accurately and submitted in a timely manner
- Performs other related duties as assigned
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
Applicants must have a valid drivers’ license to operate a vehicle in the State of Maryland.
Licensed Certified Social Worker-Clinical preferred
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Work requires light physical effort in the handling of materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions of up to thirty (30) pounds (30lbs.) and/or continuous standing or walking at least sixty (60) percent of the time.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, residences or vehicles (e.g. use of safe workplace practices, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and safely operating a motor vehicle).
*Note: Persons performing duties in this capacity may be exposed to aggressive behavior.
How to apply: Please send resumes’/applications to: Sheri L. Jackson, Director of Operations at 3601 Old Frederick Rd, Baltimore, MD 21229 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may be obtained by going to Project PLASE’s web-site: www.projectplase.org
*Please include REFERENCE ID Number when applying for this position
**Note: Resumes’/Applications must be received ON or BEFORE the closing date listed above. Late resumes’/applications WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Project PLASE believes that all people are to be treated with dignity and respect and are entitled to fair and equal treatment in employment regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, religion, age, marital status or disability. EOE