Reference ID: #91603
OPEN DATE: September 22, 2016 CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
POSITION LOCATION: 3601 Old Frederick Road, Baltimore, MD 21229
DEPARTMENT: Celebration Housing Veterans Program
JOB TYPE: Full-time
DAYS OF WEEK WORKED: Monday through Friday
HOURS WORKED: TBD
SALARY/HOURLY RATE: $14.43 – $16.35 (hourly rate commensurate with experience)
OPEN POSITIONS: 1
The Housing Specialist works with veterans to complete forms for eligibility, performs inspections of properties where veterans will live and provides relocation assistance. The Housing Specialist will access and seek out appropriate housing for veterans and maintain a positive relationship with landlords; and, will submit appropriate documentation, data and billing as needed.
Education & Experience: Associates degree In Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university; plus, at least two (2) years of experience in a housing related field.
- Contacts applicants and certifies eligibility for program recipients according to Federal and local program guidelines and procedures
- Briefs eligible applicants on housing program requirements, regulations and responsibilities
- Processes all eligible applicants from initial application to admission into the program
- Performs rental calculations
- Oversees move-in and annual inspections pursuant to Housing Quality Standards between tenant, landlord and inspector; and, coordinates re-inspection of failed units
- Performs inspections on an as needed basis
- Prepares and sends out annual recertification packets to tenants and annual recertification letters to complete on a monthly basis
- Monitors monthly transaction reports
- Negotiates rental rates, reviews leases prepared by landlords/property managers and administers Housing Assistance Payment contracts
- Maintains knowledge of affordable rental housing units to ensure fair market rent
- Performs daily computer data entry and word processing
- Investigates cases involving program and lease violation; and, conducts informal hearings
- Mediates disputes and investigates general complaints from tenants, landlords and general public
- Monitors appropriate billing of housing assistance payments and other fees to and from other public housing agencies
- Monitors tenant accounts receivable collection efforts and initiates collection activity as appropriate according to Maryland State Law
- Explains Project PLASE rental projects to applicants, tenants, landlords, government officials and other members of the general public in person, over the phone and through emails
- Collaborates with case managers to ensure income changes are completed and forwarded in a timely manner
- Coordinates and collaborates with the Finance Department to insure accurate and timely payments to landlords
- Attends housing meetings, workshops and training classes
- Performs public relations work to promote program for new landlords and is also involved in community outreach
- Prepares statistical reports
- Maintains and updates archived files and maintains tenant files
- Performs other related job duties as assigned
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
Applicants must have a valid drivers’ license to operate a vehicle in the State of Maryland.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Work requires light physical effort in the handling of materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions of up to thirty pounds (30lbs.). Work also requires continuous standing or walking at least seventy (70%) percent of the time.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, residences or vehicles (e.g. use of safe workplace practices, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and safely operating a motor vehicle).
*Note: Persons performing duties in this capacity may be exposed to aggressive behavior.
How to apply: Please send resumes’/applications to: Sheri L. Jackson, Director of Operations at 3601 Old Frederick Rd, Baltimore, MD 21229 or email to: email@example.com. Applications may be obtained by going to Project PLASE’s web-site: www.projectplase.org
*Please include REFERENCE ID Number when applying for this position
**Note: Resumes’/Applications must be received ON or BEFORE the closing date listed above. Late resumes’/applications WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Project PLASE believes that all people are to be treated with dignity and respect and are entitled to fair and equal treatment in employment regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, religion, age, marital status or disability. EOE