DIRECTOR of DEVELOPMENT
OPEN DATE: December 29, 2017 CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
POSITION LOCATION: 3601 Old Frederick Road Baltimore, MD 21201
DEPARTMENT: Communication and Development
JOB TYPE: Full-time
DAYS OF WEEK WORKED: Monday through Friday (some weekend work)
HOURS WORKED: 9 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
SALARY: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 (salary commensurate with experience)
OPEN POSITIONS: 1
The Director of Development reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for designing, implementing and managing all fundraising activities including: annual giving, capital campaigns, major gifts, planned giving and special events.
Education & Experience: A bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university; strong writing and communication skills plus; at least, four (4) years of experience in non-profit fundraising, marketing, development, strategic planning or publications.
- Directs the annual fund development and marketing program including mailings, social media and annual fundraising activities
- Oversees and writes grants including research, communications materials, proposal writing, tracking and reporting requirements
- Develops a strategic approach in researching and in developing approach to corporate, foundation and individual prospective supporters
- Works closely with Executive Director and the Board of Directors
- Grows a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors
- Meets with prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish communication with them and establish new donors
- Assists with capital campaigns and other major fundraising activities
- Coordinates fundraising special events
- Oversees and keeps current fundraising database and tracking systems
- Oversees creation of publications to support fundraising activities
- Manages the organizations’ marketing and communications and creates on-going communication pieces
- Serves as a public representative of Project PLASE which includes cultivating relationships with community members, prospective volunteers, organizational representatives and supporters in order to build awareness of and commitment to Project PLASE’s work
- Maintains efficient gift recognition programs
- Performs marketing related duties that support, enhance and foster fund development
- Develops major donor solicitation programs
- Demonstrates professional conduct at all times
- Performs other development duties as assigned by the Executive Director
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
Applicant must have a valid drivers’ license to operate a vehicle in the State of Maryland.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Work requires light physical effort in the handling of materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions of up to thirty pounds (30lbs.) and/or continuous standing or walking at least sixty (60) percent of the time.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, residences or vehicles (e.g. use of safe workplace practices, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and safely operating a motor vehicle.
*Note: Persons performing duties in this capacity may be exposed to aggressive behavior.
How to apply: Please send resumes’/applications to: Human Resources at 3601 Old Frederick Rd, Baltimore, MD 21229 or email to: email@example.com Applications may be obtained by going to Project PLASE’s web-site: www.projectplase.org
**Note: Resumes’/Applications must be received ON or BEFORE the closing date listed above. Late resumes’/applications WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Project PLASE believes that all people are to be treated with dignity and respect and are entitled to fair and equal treatment in employment regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, religion, age, marital status or disability. EOE