OPEN DATE: Thursday, November 3, 2016 CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
POSITION LOCATION: 3601 Old Frederick Road, Baltimore, MD 21229
DEPARTMENT: Transitional Housing
JOB TYPE: Full-time
DAYS OF WEEK WORKED: Monday through Friday
HOURS WORKED: 11:00 p.m. – 8:30 a.m.
SALARY/HOURLY RATE: $10.50 per hour
POSITIONS OPEN: One
The Overnight Counselor will assist with the operation of the housing program to facilitate the smooth running of the facility and will provide on-going support and guidance to PLASE residents to ensure persons become stable physically, mentally and emotionally.
Education & Experience: A high school diploma or equivalent (GED); plus, two (2) years of experience working in a homeless shelter.
- Assists clients with preparing for bed
- Maintains a clean and safe physical environment for PLASE clients
- Sets the security alarm systems, contacts alarm company as needed, avoids false alarms
- Handles all emergencies or crisis situations that arise
- Reviews client sign-in log and does a walk through for attendance
- Reviews daily log entries
- Performs building rounds and records in overnight room check log
- Completes Fire Watch Control sheet daily according to procedures and conducts periodic fire drills
- Prepares incident reports
- Completes controlled substance log at the beginning and ending of each shift
- Completes medicine log when assisting with medication monitoring
- Checks building for any maintenance problems and submits work orders to manager for approval
- Counsels clients and provides on-going support and guidance
- Attends continuing education classes, workshops and seminars
- Conducts new client intake for residents referred during shift
- Performs other duties as assigned
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
Applicants must have adequate transportation to and from work.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Work requires light physical effort in the handling of light materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions of up to thirty pounds (30lbs.) and /or continual standing or working sixty (60) percent of the time.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, residences or vehicles (e.g. use of safe work place practices: avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and safely operating a motor vehicle).
*Note: Persons serving in this capacity may be exposed to aggressive behavior.
How to apply: Please send resumes’/applications to: Sheri L. Jackson, Director of Operations at 3601 Old Frederick Rd, Baltimore, MD 21229 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications may be obtained by going to Project PLASE’s web-site: www.projectplase.org
**Note: Resumes’/Applications must be received ON or BEFORE the closing date listed above. Late resumes’/applications WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Project PLASE believes that all people are to be treated with dignity and respect and are entitled to fair and equal treatment in employment regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, religion, age, marital status or disability. EOE