OPEN DATE: January 3, 2019 CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
POSITION LOCATION: 3601 Old Frederick Rd., Baltimore, MD 21229
JOB TYPE: Part-Time (20 hours per week)
DAYS OF WEEK WORKED: TBD
HOURS WORKED: TBD
HOURLY RATE: $18.50 – $21.64 (hourly rate will commensurate with experience) POSITIONS OPEN: 1
The Fiscal Associate will assist in general accounting operations by controlling and verifying financial transactions and financial statements and will ensure accuracy and effectiveness in all accounting tasks.
- Verifies and processes payments for clients based on their needs as determined by case manager
- Distributes funds to clients on a weekly basis on case managers’ reports
- Prepares and reconciles billing for clients’ rental payments and submits rental billing reports to the State agency for approval
- Runs reports for each client that are accurate and shows all activities
- Processes rental checks for landlords for two (2) programs in a timely manner
- Assists with inputting invoices for payment to be processed into the financial system
- Assists with programmatic and fiscal review for grant programs including the general financial and A-133 audits
- Completes and submits all necessary reports due to State agencies as needed
- Analyzes organization’s values by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
Education & Experience: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting or Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting; plus, at least two (2) or more years of accounting experience in a non-profit environment.
A high school diploma or equivalent (GED); plus, at least six (6) years of accounting experience working in a non-profit environment.
*Note: Preference will be given to those with Abila MIP Fund Accounting software experience.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
Applicants must have a valid drivers’ license to operate a vehicle in the State of Maryland
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS
Work requires light physical effort in the handling of light materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions of up to 30lbs. and/or continual standing or walking
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, residences or vehicles (e.g. use of safe work place practices, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and safely operating a motor vehicle.
How to apply: Please send resume’/application to: Human Resources at 3601 Old Frederick Rd, Baltimore, MD 21229 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications may be obtained by going to Project PLASE’s web-site: www.projectplase.org
**Note: Resume’s/Applications must be received ON or BEFORE the closing date listed above. Late resumes/applications WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Project PLASE believes that all people are to be treated with dignity and respect and are entitled to fair and equal treatment in employment regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, religion, age, marital status or disability.