OPEN DATE: January 3, 2019 CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
POSITION LOCATION: 1814 Maryland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21201
DEPARTMENT: Transitional Housing
DAYS OF WEEK WORKED: Monday thru Friday
HOURS WORKED: TBD
SALARY: $19.23 – $21.64 (hourly rate will commensurate with experience)
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 1
The HIV Housing and Health Case Manager will work as part of the Transitional Housing team by providing services and support that includes: temporary and permanent housing, appropriate HIV medical care, following health protocols and linkage to other key services that reduce barriers to health. The emphasis will be placed on treating the whole person by assessing needs and directing the client towards the most appropriate resources, internal to PLASE and in the community. He/she will also be responsible for tracking clients’ progress and termination of services.
- Works as a collaborative part of the team effort; especially, in conjunction with the Advocacy Counselors to assist clients in providing on-going support and guidance
- Provides an assessment, develops a service care plan with the client, and then implement, monitor and evaluate the care plan and the client’s progress, receives input from and in collaboration with the nurse, medical staff from other agencies through regular contact
- Assesses HIV medical history, mental health or substance abuse history and current conditions, nutritional status, emotional/behavioral status, health care coverage, personal support system and employment/income status, offender status and legal needs, health education and social support
- Helps clients understand and follow HIV/AIDS and other health protocols
- Teaches clients their HIV medication protocol and side effects and administers medication using specified procedures
- Maintains accounting of medications; especially, controlled substances
- Attends and participates in Quality Assurance Committee meetings
Maintains records as required by Agency and Funders
Education and Experience: Masters’ degree in Social Work (MSW); plus, at least 1 year of experience as a Social Worker in the human services field.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
Applicants must have a valid drivers’ license to operate a vehicle in the State of Maryland
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS
Work requires light physical effort in the handling of light materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions of up to 30lbs. and/or continual standing or walking
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, residences or vehicles (e.g. use of safe work place practices, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and safely operating a motor vehicle.
How to apply: Please send resume’/application to: Human Resources, 3601 Old Frederick Rd, Baltimore, MD 21229. Applications may be obtained by going to Project PLASE’s web-site: www.projectplase.org
**Note: Resume’s/Applications must be received ON or BEFORE the closing date listed above. Late resumes/applications WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Project PLASE believes that all people are to be treated with dignity and respect and are entitled to fair and equal treatment in employment regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, religion, age, marital status or disability.