Volunteer Program Statement
The Volunteer Program at Project PLASE seeks to place volunteers in meaningful positions in which they will help to support Project PLASE’s mission by supplementing our resources. Through mission centered service, the Volunteer Program should expose participants to the issue of homelessness. In order to protect both volunteers and clients, staff involvement is required for a successful program; this includes ongoing supervision and dialogue.
Definition of a Volunteer
A volunteer donates their time and talents in support of Project PLASE’s mission.
Opportunities for Volunteerism
- Moving Crew Transport donated furniture and move clients from our transitional facilities into permanent housing
- Donation Drive Run a donation drive for our clients by collecting items ranging from hygiene products to furniture, and everything in between
- Tutor Work with clients one-on-one to help them reach personal, educational goals
- Grants Research Research potential grant funding sources applicable to Project PLASE
- Ambassador Distribute our information at resource fairs for people experiencing homelessness
- Purse Sorter Help us prepare for our popular fundraising booth, Purses for PLASE
- Special Client Events Assist at holiday events or enjoyable gatherings for our clients
- Office Assistant Support our administrative staff in a variety of departments and capacities
- Inventory Organize and manage all of the generous donations we receive
- Workshop Facilitator Share your talents with clients to teach subjects ranging from art to financial literacy and everything in between
If you are interested in volunteering as an individual, please fill out the application found here.
If you are interested in volunteering as a group, please fill out the application found here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator: e-mail email@example.com or call (410) 837-1400 ext. 136. Our volunteer coordinator will return your call.